"A gun is no more dangerous than a cricket bat in the hands of a madman"
(By Prince Philip)
Tuesday, July 7, 2015
Bavalan Pathmanathan Uk batsman dies during a local league match
A batsman playing in a local league has died after being struck on the chest by a cricket ball in Surrey, south-west of London.
Bavalan Pathmanathan, 24 years old,very young and talented batsman, was playing for Manipay Parish Sports Club in division three of the British Tamil League on Sunday, when he received the fatal blow.
In-spite of great attempts at resuscitation and receiving treatment from air ambulance doctors and crew, Pathmanathan later died from his injuries.
Surrey chief executive Richard Gould said: "Everyone at the club has been deeply saddened to learn of Bavalan's death and would like to extend their sympathies to his family, friends and everyone who knew him from within the community of cricket."
The club's Facebook page posted a statement saying they were "totally shocked by his death at this young age".
The issue of player safety has been much discussed within cricket following the passing of former Australia batsman Phillip Hughes, who died after being struck in the neck by a bouncer in November.
After the death of Philip Hughes "ICC decided to change the design of helmet" for better safety.Now its time to think again for the players security during cricket.